Inflation raised to 2% with the passing of proposal #5. Civic Liker upgrade approaching.
Edmond (Operations & Marketing)
Statistics and Insights
- Page views of the soft launched portfolio page: 1559, unique creators page visited: 615
- Last 30 days 881 new Liker ID registered from unknown channel, which make up 46.32% of registrations from non-Media platforms, 28.28% of total registrations. Suggests to get a better idea about these channels and work on it.
- Conversion rate of /civic page last week: 2%.
- New app download (bi-weekly): 421, app WAU last week: 917 (+6.9%), number of Content Jockeys last week: 244 (+11.4%)
- Civic Liker total: 1737; 25 new registrations in last two weeks.
- Finished the promotion sales kit for Civic Liker 2.0
- Finished optimisation of current two Google Ad campaigns. Current monthly expenditure USD 534, covered by Google Ad grant
- Portfolio page launch promotion, with newsletter and social posts
- Worked on product text, review the design of sales funnel for Civic Liker 2.0 UI, including creators page design and email reports
- Meetings with Matters and HKCNews for project updates
- Follow up LikeCoin trademark application (US)
- Reached a few creators for Civic Liker 2.0, collected feedbacks
- Social media (executed by community helper Daisy): Facebook engagement rate was 5% for the last two week post reach was 901. Kin’s photo post with record high 2,325 post reach and 8% engagement.
- Testing on Civic Liker 2.0
- Reaching out to creators for Civic Liker 2.0
- Project updates to Media partners (StandNews, InMedia, Vocus, Timelog)
- Pre-launch promotion for Civic Liker 2.0
Chung (Blockchain developer)
LikeCoin chain statistics
(Difference from 2020.11.09)
- Historical data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16vCOjhdeSwumnB9YBVLEdG-9KjJMRytwzRf6peaVGKs
- Number of addresses: 16,445 (+295)
- Number of transactions: 661,721 (+32,563)
- Number of delegated LIKE: ~268,800,000 (+38,710,000), 27% delegation ratio
- Keep working on LikeCoin chain ISCN module, mainly focus on compatibility with Cosmos SDK upgrade
- Work on ISCN module functionalities
William (Full Stack Developer)
- Completed new Civic Liker PoC UI on Liker Land, demo-ed to team for feedback.
- Mitigated a bug which made liker.land front page empty for guest. It was caused by matters.news update. Before a fix is done on their side, we currently fill the liker.land index with feeds from the default follow Liker IDs if the feed is empty.
- Debug strange Liker Land cookie behaviour on iOS14. Discovered it was an expected privacy feature in new iOS. David temporarily rolled back xcode version before we have time for a proper UI redesign.
- Integrate Stripe connect API as an optional feature to new civic liker API.
- Migrated liker.land analytics library from analytics.js to gtag.js.
- Fixed an issue caused by wrongly omitting gas price when calculating Civic Liker LIKE per like. Added a lower bound of 0.1 LIKE balance for LIKE sending to be triggered.
- Added filter query string param for Super Like API, used in portfolio page.
- Continue to work on new Civic Liker API and Stripe Connect integration testing.
- Clarify subscription update and cancel behavior when multiple users are involved. It was found that the current behavior under development is very unintuitive.
- Work on email list feature for the author to communicate with their Civic Liker supporter.
- Discuss plan if ISCN integration in LikeCoin WordPress plugin.
David Ng (Frontend Developer)
- Fixed unable to interact with the LikeCoin button on the app caused by iOS 14 restriction, the new iOS app version 0.20.3 was released on 10/11.
- Fixed some minor issues, and released the new portfolio page. The link to a liker’s portfolio is https://liker.land/[Liker ID].
- Updated LikeCoin button along with the new CTA button and a link to the new portfolio page.
- Implemented new Civic Liker related UI components with Storybook.js
- Continue to implement the remaining UI of Civic Liker 2.0
- Consolidate with the team about the final flow of Civic Liker 2.0 entry for beta testing
JoshKIU (UX Designer)
- Completed UI design, with flowchart and remake, of Civic Liker subscription, settings and cancelling
- Gathered requirement for the creator page
- Updated the facebook banner in correspond to fake facebook pages
- Reviewed and made suggestion to the Stand News new UI. Returned feedback was positive
- Will design the creator page revamp
- Will design the Civic Liker supporting email
- Will follow up on the production of the completed UI
Phoebe (Business Development)
- Followed up with Matters on ISCN integration in 2021 Q1
- Discussed Liker Land with HKU journalism school
- Submitted to Boost VC Tribe 15 Accelerator Program
- Join AppWorks Fundraising Bootcamp on 2020.11.24
- Shall apply to Stanford Bases Challenge
- Prepare for Nov newsletter
ckxpress (Civic Liker)
- Proposal #5 was passed on 2020.11.10 and inflation of LIKE was raised to 2% since then.
- Delegation percentage with respect to migrated LIKE goes back up to 57.76% in 2 weeks. Still not reaching a level secure enough (67%), however.
- Community member raised a radical suggestion to inflate LikeCoin by 100% and increase tax rate. The community is in discussion on the plan.
On evangelism and others
- Presented “LikeCoin: Decentralized Publishing Infrastructure” in The fifth Annual Conference of Network Society: The Web of Phronesis on 2020.11.22, titled LikeCoin: Decentralized Publishing Infrastructure. Other speakers include Suji Yan (Cyber Labor’s Union Powered by Crypto-ism), Pavol Luptak (Impact of Crypto-anarchy and Sharing Economy), Frank Braun & Smuggler (The Vision of Cryptoanarchy) and Harry Halpin (Pandemos-Cryptography Against Hypercontrol)